The informative notes can become great allies to grow your business since they are a great vehicle to make yourself known to the media and to inform your potential clients of the most important milestones. At a time when consumers are so informed and increasingly demanding, it is essential to have a good reputation in the press .
Still not sure how to write a good informative press release? Here we will tell you everything you need to know.
Let’s go there!
What is an informative note?
It is a document that will allow you to inform the media about an event that you consider to be of public interest. Also, you need to describe a particular topic and its background.
This is one of the key elements of all corporate communication . A large number of these texts are sent every day, and it is true that journalists receive dozens of proposals, so getting them to include you in the daily news agenda is complicated.
For this reason, your objective is to write effective press releases that are capable of perfectly communicating your values, mission and vision, thus attracting the attention of the general or specialized media so that they share this information writing online or offline.
Objectives of informative press releases
- One of the main objectives is to impact the target audience and inform them of aspects related to your company that arouse their interest or improve their opinion of your business.
- This type of informative content is very useful to increase your web traffic , improve the positioning of your company’s website, increase your digital footprint on the Internet and acquire more leads.
- As part of your content generation strategy, informative press releases are a way to get more publicity for your brand and to gain recognition from other companies or opinion leaders within your industry.
What structure should they have?
- There must always be a headline, a lead, place and date, body of text, note to the editor and contact information.
- The normal thing is that the body of a press release of this type is made up of between 4 and 6 paragraphs and that they have an average of 5 or 6 lines each.
- In the body of the text it is important that you use a clear, concise and direct style where the sentences are short. Getting to the point is necessary for the journalist to get an idea of what you intend to communicate.
- It is advisable that you add a quote from someone who is responsible for the company whenever it can add more value to the content.
Types of informative notes
There are many topics that you can deal with, among them we can highlight the press releases:
- Generals .
- Launch of a product or service.
- Appointments and new positions in the company.
- Expert statements , speaking of events…
Everything that you consider that can be highlighted in your business activity can be passed on to the journalist with a concise and interesting writing.
Most common mistakes when writing an informative note
One of the mistakes you should not make is wanting to say everything about your business in the same statement. Each note should focus on a single objective, so it is better to write different informative notes explaining in each of them a different finding, news, promotion or action…
It is very important to distribute the different news in all the media so that they have maximum visibility, not only in specialized media.
Do you now have a clearer idea of how to write your next informative note? Do you know which topic is most likely to be interesting to the media?
If you still have problems finding a way to take advantage of this promotional tool, remember that on our portal you will find communication agencies that can help you. Ask them for a budget without obligation and they will take care of finding the perfect theme, writing the right note and delivering it to the relevant media so that you achieve the impact you are looking for.