A visitor visa will be issued to you in case you are visiting India to meet relatives or friends or for any other legitimate purpose at their invitation.
Applicants traveling on a visitor visa are expected to stay with their relatives/friends in India.
The following documents needs to be submitted for a INDIAN VISA DOCUMENTS REQUIRED:
Documents from India:
1) Sponsorship Certificate: (for format please click here) (for any one place to be visited): This certificate should also be countersigned by any of the following Indian government officials (DM/ SP/SDM/ Tehsildar/ BDO/ SHO/ Groups A officer of State and Central Government/ Principal of a Government college and Principal / headmaster of a Government School), who will certify that they personally know your Indian sponsor. A suitably attested Sponsorship certificate by the designations mentioned above is mandatory for all visitor visa cases.
Note: The Indian sponsor giving such sponsorship certificate should furnish a copy of the sponsorship certificate to the FRRO concerned immediately after he/she has dispatched the same to the Pakistani national applying for visa. It is advisable to have the attesting officer, place of visit and FRRO to be from the same location.
2) The Indian government official should also attach a self-attested copy of their photo identity card along with his/her contact number (landline preferable) along with the sponsorship certificate.
3) Any two of these documents of the Indian invitee: Passport (preferred), copy of electricity bill, telephone bill, ration card, election card, clearly mentioning the address and contact numbers.
Documents from Pakistan:
1) Copy of NADRA Card along with its English translation and the translated copy should be notarized.
2) Copy of any one utility bill, such as electricity bill/ gas bill/ landline INDIAN BUSINESS VISA FOR US CITIZENS telephone bill (as address proof)
3) In case you are employed, any one of the following:
- For Government employees: A letter from the Head of the Department or copy of the clearance received from the competent Government authority.
- For private sector employees: A letter from the Organisation giving the details of designation, duration of service and address of the applicant.
- For self employed: A copy of the registration of the business establishment by the Government of Pakistan with English translation.
4) Valid Polio Vaccination Certificate.
Any person related to media/ journalism who is going to India for non-journalistic / visit purpose should apply for Journalist Visa only. They have to provide following two additional documents:
- A letter from Employer about her Employment, Role etc. In case of a free-lance journalist, a self certification of being free-lance journalist, time and duration since in the profession.
- A Self declaration about the purpose of visit, tentative schedule and an undertaking that the visit will not be used for any journalistic/ official work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For how many cities can I apply for a visitor visa? Do I need an invitation from all the cities I intend to visit?
You can apply for a maximum of 5 (five) specified places. For this you would need a sponsorship letter from at least one place. You do not need a separate invitation / sponsorship certificate for each city.
In addition to sponsorship certificate, you do not need a separate invitation from the same person.