Sooner or later, most professionals have to deal with non-creative writing, an agglomeration of technique, precision, and research. Writing, in fact, is not only an art, but also a profession that requires precise rules and guidelines. That is why there are professionals capable of performing in different styles. In this sense, learning to college write an essay can open many job opportunities.
Today, in fact, freelance writers have many job opportunities due to the growing demand for online content. Most of the offers are published online, on specifically dedicated portals. If it is good to be flexible and available when writing about the most varied topics, especially at the beginning of a career as a freelance writer, it is also advisable to specialize.
The truth is that there are several types and job opportunities for freelance writers . Those who are mainly dedicated to the online world, create articles for websites, newsletters and blogs. In general, these are short texts. The sentences are short and the paragraphs very clear. At the same time, they are often asked to pay attention to keywords for good search engine indexing .
Then there are the copywriters in charge of convincing readers to take an action that leads to the purchase of a specific product or service. They typically write sales letters and copy for sites that want to build online marketing businesses. Finally, ghostwriters write articles and essays , providing their clients with complex works on a wide variety of topics . Its main patrons include teachers, academics, but also businessmen and politicians.
what is an essay
The essay is a text that argues a thesis, a problem or a specific topic . The thesis can be explained and defended or explained and refuted: the purpose of an argumentative text is to persuade the reader of the validity of what is written. The essays may deal with different topics, but they all have the same purpose and more or less the same structure, which is to state the argument and prove it. Obviously with variations in the style of the writer himself.
Before immersing yourself in the writing of an essay, it is essential to look for information and document yourself on the subject to be dealt with. In addition, the reader must be provided with concrete examples and very solid bibliographical references that support the arguments presented.
Of course, the best documentation is the one found in direct practice: knowing what you are talking about often means having lived or experienced it. Beyond this, it is necessary to find out through official documents, statistics, public information and other lesser-known sources. Paying attention to the veracity of the sources is essential.
To argue an opinion it is necessary to know to whom the text is directed. In addition, the author of the essay must also be clear about the scope of dissemination of his work : scientific publication, dissemination, specialized magazine, etc. The thesis must be original, persuade the reader and demonstrate his arguments through powerful examples and truthful and valid documentation. At the same time, it is necessary to anticipate possible antitheses and objections, in order to explain and refute them.
how to write an essay
In short, after the choice of topic and the documentation phase , the writing should follow this outline:
- Define the problem.
- Express the thesis.
- Explain the arguments in favor of the thesis accompanied by reflections, explanations and examples.
- Present the antithesis and the arguments that support it.
- Refute the antithesis by using evidence that confirms the thesis.
Finally, here is a short list of stylistic tips for writing an essay .
- Use correctly the connectives to facilitate the understanding of the text: therefore, consequently, in the first place, in fact, etc.
- Emphasize the reader , that is, take into account what type of recipient the essay is aimed at: age, culture, knowledge, gender and interests.
- Distancing the author of the thesis. The author should never overload the work of himself, but try to take as little prominence as possible, unless he does not have very personal experiences.
- Include short portions of other texts , such as articles or quotes, that increase the value of the exhibition.
- Use an appropriate vocabulary and oriented according to the audience and the topic that is being dealt with.
- Take the time to review the essay , a task that should be as thorough as possible to identify any errors or inconsistencies.
Companies and professionals from various fields often need to be accredited with the publication of official texts, which must also offer a certain stylistic quality. Since writing is something that many people would rather not do, or find it difficult, there are many opportunities for those who instead enjoy writing .
Finally, people who are interested in writing an essay and signing it with their own name should keep in mind that unknown writers do not have immediate access to editorial media. However, digitization has facilitated the dissemination of these works through social networks and resources such as blogs, podcasts or specialized forums.