The global dog food market size is expected to reach USD 78.82 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 4.3% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Higher adoption of pet dogs, increasing consumer spending, and rapid rise in pet humanization trend are some key factors expected to drive market revenue growth over the forecast period.
Increasing ownership of pet dogs, particularly in emerging economies, owing to rapid urbanization is another major factor driving demand for dog food. In addition, demand for organic and healthy food products for pet dogs to maintain overall health is growing due to rising disposable income of consumers. Also, availability of dog food with varying price ranges provides ample options for pet dog owners to purchase these food products depending on their income level. Moreover, increasing social media influence and growing trend of impulse purchases by millennials are leading to increasing pet ownership. These factors are expected to contribute to market revenue growth over the forecast period.
Outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in panic buying practices among consumers for storing pet food products amid lockdowns announced by governments of various countries globally. It further generated more demand for dog food infused with Cannabidiol (CBD), owing to its various health benefits. CBD-infused food products have longer shelf-life, compared to other pet foods. Also, manufacturers are aiming to expand their production facilities to cater to rising consumer demand for high-quality pet food, which, in turn, is expected to support market growth. Currently, over 3500 cannabidiol brands are present in the U.S. food market, out of which, CBD-infused pet and human food contribute to over 30% of sales through online distribution channel.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/4716
Some major companies profiled in the market report are Mars Inc., Procter & Gamble Company, Nestlé Purina Pet Care, Del Monte Foods Inc., Hill’s Pet Nutrition Inc., The J.M. Smucker Company, Total Alimentos SA, Diamond Pet Foods, The Hartz Mountain Corporation, and Lupus Alimentos.
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- By product type, dry food segment accounted for the largest revenue share in 2020. Dry dog food is beneficial for improving oral health and reducing buildup of tartar on pets’ teeth. Also, dry food provides chewing and crunch, which are necessary for upholding the overall health. It does not require freezing, unlike wet food.
- By ingredient type, plant derived segment is expected to exhibit faster revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Plant derived food provides a good amount of energy to dogs due to availability of high nutritious content without any adverse impact of food based on animal meat and its derivatives. Thus, plant-based ingredients help in providing a balanced diet to maintain the overall well-being of pets. Also, these ingredients help to maintain weight of dogs, while ensuring a healthy, as well as longer life.
- Non-premium products segment is anticipated to grow steadily in the near future. Non-premium dog foods are relatively low-cost and due to this factor, such foods can be easily availed by a larger section of pet parents. However, these types of foods are required to be fed in large quantities to ensure maximum nutrition for pets for maintaining health and well-being.
- Dog food market in North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2020, owing to increasing awareness among consumers regarding various health benefits of organic food products and growing humanization trend of pet dogs. In addition, presence of some well-established dog food manufacturers in developed countries such as the United States is expected to positively impact market growth in this region.
To read more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/dog-food-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented global dog food market based on product type, ingredient type, pricing, distribution channel, and region:
Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Dry Food
- Wet Food
- Nutritious Food
Ingredient Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Plant Derived
- Animal Derived
Pricing Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Non-premium Products
- Premium Products
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/4716
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
- What are the dominating factors that are influencing the growth of the industry?
- In the forecast period, which market segment is expected to rise the most?
- What are the risks and challenges that the industry is facing?
- In the coming years, which area is projected to dominate the market?
- Who are the major players in the market? What kind of strategic business plans have they made?
Thank you for taking the time to read our article. The report can be tailored to the needs of the client. Please contact us for more details, and our team will tailor the report to your specific requirements.
Browse Our Related Reports:
Central Venous Catheters Market Size
Nasal Oxygen Tube Market Share
Weathering Steel Market Demand
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyses consumer behaviour shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Power and Energy, and Chemicals. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read Our Innovative Blogs @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs